September 8, 2011

Adventures in Colorwork : Houndstooth Rectangle

"In between projects" is a time frame which does not exist for me. It's more like, "in between paychecks", or "in between bouts of motivation", and those are the times that I might, *might* try something new. One of the things that's been on my To Try List for a while is colorwork with knitting. Short story long, I finally gave it a shot!

My skill rating: Intermediate

I'd recommend this simple pattern for anyone who's never knit with two colors before (stripes don't count). The chart came from freepatterns.com (you'll have to sign up to DL the pattern), and I watched this YouTube video on Fair Isle knitting to learn how to hold my yarn.

For just a test run, I cast on 70 stitches. I think it'll eventually turn into a laptop cover. The back looks like this:


And I can't help but think that my dog's teeth would look really cute in pink and grey:

Thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. can you just show me in person?

    your knits are just out of this world!!!

    ReplyDelete